Friday, July 24, 2009

Thoughts on the Biennale

The work that I really liked at the Venice Biennale was the video piece at the Icelandic pavilion by Ragnar Kjartansson. I felt like the piece was a great example of what we are trying to do here in Siena with our projectors. The different videos playing but all adding to the musical experience was great. I liked how when you got closer to each video the instrument in that video was more pronounced.

            Another piece I really enjoyed was the outdoor interactive part of the Arsenale. The fact that the artist wanted you to play on and with the pieces made viewing and experiencing the pieces a lot of fun. It seems like most art today is something that you aren’t supposed to touch and experience had on, and I really enjoyed the fact that those pieces were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment